- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees Celsius)
- In a large bowl, cut the butter into the scone mix until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Create well in center of blended mixture.
- Separate one egg and reserve the egg white.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg yolk with the remaining egg and the whipping cream using a fork.
- Pour into well and mix until the dough comes clean from the sides of the bowl.
- Add raspberries (or berry of your choice) and gather dough into a call, turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead 3 times.
- Roll dough into 1/2" thick round and cut into 12 wedges.
- Arrange on an ungreased baking sheet 1" apart. Brush tops with reserved egg white and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until light golden brown.